Before you consider making a Will, it is a good idea to think about:
- The main things you own – like a house, shares, endowments, savings or life insurance policies (known collectively as your ‘estate’)
- What kinds of gifts you want to leave the people and charities you care about – pecuniary (money) or residuary (whatever is left over) legacies
- Who your executor(s) will be.
Different kinds of gifts
- You can donate a percentage of your estate – sometimes called a residuary gift. Many people choose to donate in this way because they will be sure that loved ones are provided for first. It also has the benefit of potentially reducing the amount of inheritance tax you are liable to pay.
- You can make a specific cash gift.
- Or you can leave an object such as jewellery, art or shares.
Our lovely RSF t-shirts, ties, caps, gifting items & more are available to order from the RSF shop! Make sure to share a picture of yourself in red on social, tagging #RedforRuth.
We Need Your Help!
Turn #RedforRuth in support of families facing one of life’s toughest tests. Buy one of our red t-shirts or find something red in your wardrobe and share a pic on social media tagging us.
Your valuable donations will go towards vital support for families to help prepare for the death of a parent and raise much needed awareness of non-smoking lung cancers & the importance of its research.
Non-smoking lung cancers are on the rise, with a higher number of incidences amongst women. We are raising awareness of the importance of its research.
We believe that every family facing the death of a parent, should be offered professional emotional support to help prepare for their children’s futures.